E-Commerce has its advantages. It offers users the opportunity to buy or sell online 24/7, making shopping for specific products easier than ever. BUT there are still many aspects to eCommerce that business owners are completely oblivious to.
Since we like to keep things exciting here at RYCO, we’ve included 20 of the most shocking ECommerce statistics (you can thank us later):
1. Surprisingly, it’s 7 times MORE EXPENSIVE to attain a new customer than it is to keep a current one.
2. When it comes to shopping on mobile devices, men take the lead at 22%, whilst only 18% of women currently shop via their smartphones.
3. 73% of customers prefer businesses with friendly staff members – even via online communications.
4. After experiencing a negative customer experience, over 89% of customers will never shop from the same store again.
5. Customer experience will be the most influential online purchasing factor by 2020.
6. Loyalty members will spend 13% more than not one, but two non-members.
7. The most popular time for online UK sales is after 6pm.
8. Tablets take the lead as the most popular online shopping device. Tablet users are three times more likely to spend online than both desktop and mobile users.
9. 45% of online shoppers take to social media to help influence their buying decisions.
10. 75% of consumer’s shop online because they believe online stores offer better deals than their local stores.
11. Online reviews influence 55% of shoppers, helping them to decide whether they want to make a purchase or not.
12. If users are prompted to make a new user account before making a purchase, 23% will give up.
13. According to recent ecommerce statistics, 28% of online consumers abandon shopping carts when shipping costs are higher than expected.
14. Shoppers aged 18 – 34 buy online more than any other age group.
15. From 2016 onwards, online sales will grow 93% each year.
16. Posting 1 to 4 times a day on Twitter will give you the best CTR.
17. Adding a simple smiley face into your Facebook post can increase post shares by 33%.
18. 30% of mobile users will not complete a sale form a non-responsive site.
19. If your site doesn’t load within 3 seconds, 57% of internet users will abandon it.
20. Emails from companies influence over 70% of mobile purchases.
We hope you enjoyed these surprising but true ecommerce statistics. If you’d like to learn more about how to manage a successful ecommerce store, get in touch with RYCO today. We are ecommerce specialists based in Newry, Belfast and Dublin:
CALL US: 028 9099 8106
Our team of digital marketing experts and web design Belfast and web design Newry teams can help with any digital marketing, adwords, video production, social media, SEO Belfast, Magento or web design questions you may have.